555.1km | , UK
|Hours||35 - 35 Hours|
|Days at home||2-3 Per Week|
As a Business Banking Complaints Handler this is an exciting opportunity where you will be responsible to take ownership of exceptional customer service and strengthen customer relationships by assisting the investigation of complex and emotive customer queries, concerns and complaints which relate to an extensive range of products. Deliver accurate customer outcomes, working proactively and collaboratively with other colleagues across the Barclays group.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Using empathy to create an effortless service on inbound and outbound calls with customers and taking responsibility for investigating and resolving customer complaints effectively
• Engaging with and helping customers via telephone or email communication, ensuring they receive an exceptional experience and outstanding service
• Adopting contact strategy to ensure all customers during their complaint lifecycle have telephony contact
• Connecting with customers to engage in their story and by being passionate about what customers are passionate about, create moments that matter and are memorable
• Interacting with customers on their terms, in an engaging way that demonstrates open-mindedness, active listening and being curious, flexing your style to reflect customer preferences
• Investigating complex and unique customer queries, concerns and complaints whilst withholding judgement, using the conversation cycle and role modelling mutual respect
• Identifying with customer states and vulnerability and manage the customer interaction confidently and assertively, particularly with challenging conversations
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent Experience in Financial Services and computer literacy
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal and excellent attention to detail
• Proven Customer Service experience with capability to provide an exceptional customer experience
• Excellent judgement and decision-making skills to deal with complex customer needs and confidence to take ownership of these
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Previous experience of resolving complaints through a final reaction letter
• Experience of Financial Ombudsman Service complaints
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.