7.8km | , UK
|Hours||35 - 35 Hours|
|Days at home||2-3 Per Week|
As Barclays Business Manager, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-growing business, lead and deliver key Business Management activities for the Sustainable Finance function. You’ll help to drive the Barclays UK ESG agenda through partnering senior internal and external stakeholders to lead development of key resources used with Group ExCo, Investors, and the Boards. If you enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced, and varied environment, are highly organised and passionate about ESG; this could be the role for you.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Acting as a key point of contact and support for the Sustainable Finance team including on the most critical and sensitive areas
• Providing the Sustainability team leadership with support in communicating the strategy, culture and operating model and working closely with various teams
• Accounting for anticipating and developing briefings and/or presentations on behalf of the Sustainable Finance team for site visits and critical meetings
• Giving speeches to both internal and external audiences and preparing agendas
• Liaising with senior colleagues in Communications, Events, Investor Relations, Regulatory Relations
• Managing Sustainable Finance team operations (budgets, training, wellbeing, D, E&I) to ensure we operate in control and maintain a high performing team
What we’re looking for:
• Solid planning, organisation, implementation, and co-ordination skills
• Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships at a senior level in a large organization
Skills that will help you in the role:
• In depth business awareness and thorough grasp of financial services sector and the communities in which we operate.
• Experience in mobilising and managing change programmes
Where will you be working?
We will confirm your place of work at the point of offer, ensuring that this is considered in line with our future ways of working and overall location strategy.