555.1km | , UK
|Hours||35 - 35 Hours|
|Days at home||2-3 Per Week|
As a Barclays KYC QC Analyst, you will have an exciting opportunity to take real ownership of performance reviews of KYC files, from corporate banking and investment bank clients, and independently assess whether client due diligence policy and regulatory requirements have been adhered to. You will work in partnership with other Barclays teams, as well as our wider business functions to deliver a ‘One Barclays’ client experience.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Analysing client data and documentation stored in the KYC Files in order to determine whether procedures, policy and regulatory requirements are met
• Assisting assignment team leader in the preparation of executive summaries, reports and management information
• Documenting all testing to a standard that allows re-performance of the work by an independent third party
• Supporting the embedding of all relevant policies and regulatory requirements
• Facilitating and sharing knowledge and best practices
• Using excellent problem solving and team working skills to resolve complex cases, ensuring the bank’s policy and regulatory requirements are always met
• Supporting the testing and the implementation of new controls and checks for KYC Operation teams
• Championing the delivery of what the Customer/Client & the Business want to become the Go-To-Bank
What we’re looking for:
• Previous experience of AML/KYC gained within investment or corporate banking
• Communication skills allowing you to interact professionally with stakeholders at face-to-face meetings or via phone/ email
• Excellent time management skills ensuring that you manage workloads effectively to complete complex and high-priority tasks within target timescales
• A high level of accuracy and attention to detail to undertake KYC analysis
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Good command of one of the following languages: German, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese
• Basic legal knowledge in terms of corporate law and structure
• Understanding of KYC rules and regulations
• Knowledge of High risk indicators and revision of complex structures and entity types, as well as experience of reviewing complex structures, PEPs and/or Sanctions screening
Where will you be working:
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.