7.8km | , UK
|Hours||35 - 35 Hours|
|Days at home||2-3 Per Week|
As a Barclays Senior UX/UI Designer, this is an exciting opportunity for you to assist with insight projects internally and externally by helping engage project teams and others with your insights. For this role, you will be hands-on in the creation of human centred designs that meet customer needs and deliver the ‘Best of Barclays’ for our customers and clients across Barclays UK.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Creating design, across both digital and non-digital customer experiences, ensuring the project is creating a solution which desirable, feasible and viable
• Developing meaningful partnerships with key stakeholders at a Sub-Pod and Feature Team level to develop design concepts and deliver key design assets
• Deputising for the Design Principal in key Sub-Pod governance meetings to represent and advocate for customer-centric design with senior stakeholders
• Identifying and comparing the best processes or design methods to use, including measuring and evaluating outcomes and help to embed good practice within teams
• Supporting the business to make important decisions based on customer or competitor insight, helping the business understand the risk of any compromises to the customer experience
• Working for customers and front-line colleagues to deliver best in class experiences
What we’re looking for:
• Experience of designing user centred digital experiences, with a portfolio showing examples of your work
• Awareness and interest in UX principles and application to design
• Prior experience working with briefs, data and user research
• Previous experience working and collaborating in a team; ability to engage with a wide range of people and are not afraid to call out when things aren’t going right
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience as a Graphic or digital designer
• Proficiency in design software (e.g. Figma, Adobe)
Where will you be working?
You can apply from anywhere in the UK for this role. We will confirm your place of work at the point of offer, ensuring that this is considered in line with our future ways of working and overall location strategy. The hiring manager for the role will discuss the appropriate defined time in office for the role with you as part of the application process.