262.3km | , UK
|Hours||37.5 - 37.5 Hours|
We’re looking for associate solicitors to join our technical probate team within Co-op Legal Services.
At Co-op Legal Services we do things differently, whether that’s continuously innovating our technology to support your delivery or our tailored internal progression framework to support your development. We’re committed to providing an exceptional client experience and the opportunity to build a rewarding career with us.
In this role, you’ll manage a caseload of 50-60 probate cases from start to finish, with a client-focussed approach to targets. You won’t need to bring a following of clients with you as we will source new work for you. We’ve doubled our probate team within the past year, and as we continue to grow, they’ll be plenty of opportunity for progression.
What you’ll do
• own caseload of probate cases varying in complexity end to end, using a case management system
• use our case management system to make sure information is recorded accurately
• engage with clients mainly by telephone and email
• work collaboratively with expert support from the team to continually develop your legal skills, administrative support will also be provided at certain case levels
• use your legal knowledge to mentor more junior members of the team
This role would suit people who have
• qualified as a solicitor or legal executive in private practice (CILEX or STEP qualification), or have the equivalent experience in probate law
• the ability to use your initiative and effectively prioritise your work
• a client-focused approach with the ability to build positive relationships in a remote setting
£30,000-£50,000 dependant on experience plus excellent benefits including annual bonus, 28 days holiday, pension with up to 10% Co-op contribution, and free support for your wellbeing (Work level 6A)
We’re now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between home and any of our offices in Manchester, Sheffield, Bristol or Stratford upon Avon. Visit colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy for more information.