262.3km | , UK
|Hours||35 - 35 Hours|
|Days at home||2-3 Per Week|
We’re looking for associate solicitors to join our technical probate team within Co-op Legal Services.
At Co-op Legal Services we do things differently, whether that’s continuously innovating our technology to support your delivery or our tailored internal progression framework to support your development. We’re committed to providing an exceptional client experience and the opportunity to build a rewarding career with us. In this role, you’ll manage a caseload of 50-60 probate cases from start to finish, with a client-focussed approach to targets. You won’t need to bring a following of clients with you as we will source new work for you. We’ve doubled our probate team within the past year, and as we continue to grow, they’ll be plenty of opportunity for progression.
What you’ll do
• own caseload of probate cases varying in complexity end to end, using a case management system
• use our case management system to make sure information is recorded accurately
• engage with clients mainly by telephone and email
• work collaboratively with expert support from the team to continually develop your legal skills, administrative support will also be provided at certain case levels
• use your legal knowledge to mentor more junior members of the team
This role would suit people who have
• qualified as a solicitor or legal executive in private practice (CILEX or STEP qualification), or have the equivalent experience in probate law
• the ability to use your initiative and effectively prioritise your work
• a client-focused approach with the ability to build positive relationships in a remote setting
Our legal team is the number one market leader in probate. Here you’ll do work that matters. Co-op is an organisation with a purpose beyond profit, and by contributing to our success you’ll help us to realise our vision of co-operating for a fairer world.
You’ll also get a package that includes:
• an annual bonus scheme (dependent on personal and business performance)
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• wellbeing benefits to support your physical financial and mental health
• coaching, training, and support such as study leave, to help you develop your skills and progress your career
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.