|Hours||37.5 - 37.5 Hours|
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
Senior Project Manager
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to manage a number of complex projects, from inception through to handover to business, ensuring the delivery of specified products and services within agreed time, quality and cost parameters. You’ll be accountable for the planning and shaping of projects' delivery for our AI Products and Services, to ensure then AI roadmap is executed within the specific constraints of Time, Cost and Quality.
Are you motivated by finding yourself surrounded by some of the industry's brightest minds working collaboratively on cutting edge data-driven products using the latest and greatest Machine Learning (ML) models and innovative algorithms? Are you thrilled by the prospect of seeing the output of your work utilized in a publishing platform that attracts more than 1.5 billion viewers and manages over 100k articles? Are you excited to manage complex AI projects that research, design and develop innovative AI services? If that sounds great, then that's us: we are a high performing AI team working collaboratively as part of a larger technology division, supporting Frontier's industry leading AI portfolio.
To empower scientists and radically improve how science is published, assessed and disseminated to researchers, innovators and the public, we have built our own state-of-the-art AI Review Assistant (AIRA), as part of our AI products' portfolio. AIRA is backed by cutting-edge ML algorithms (covering areas such as computer vision, NLP, recommender systems); and featured in the media:
• Engage with key stakeholders to identify project objectives and key products and services to be delivered.
• Develop project specifications, agree project plan baseline including scope, key activities, deliverables, resource requirements, milestones, and deadlines.
• Utilise project plans and schedules to monitor all activities.
• Manage relationships amongst stakeholders by building confidence and trust with clear professional communications and assured expectation management.
• Proactively managing change and driving outcome optimisation through innovation in planning. Reporting status, progress, risks / issues across all “owned” projects and work packages and accounting for change throughout the lifespan of the engagement.
• Ensure team members are informed, have clear goals, and work collaboratively and in partnership with clients and other stakeholders to achieve planned outcomes.
• Drive project execution; track delivery; expect, monitor and control change, own change management; pro-actively seek and resolve blockers.
• Demonstrate ownership across the E2E solution and drive innovation to determining the optimal means of delivering the customer’s requirements within the context of project objectives and constraints.
• Record information accurately and consistently using appropriate systems and provide and communicate timely information to relevant parties.
• Seek stakeholder insight and feed it into improved processes while ensuring compliance with governance and standards.
• Manage projects within agreed governance structures and processes, to ensure consistency of approach and efficient use of resources.
• Conduct progress reviews to give stakeholders confidence that projects will deliver to time, budget and agreed standards.
• Conduct reviews to assess project outcomes and to identify and capture lessons learned to enable continuous improvement. Contribute to the provision of
documentation for new or improved processes, products and services and to ensure
that good practice is disseminated throughout the organisation.
We seek enthusiastic team players with great initiative and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must be able to handle a fast paced work environment while juggling several different tasks at the same time. Candidates should have a track record of successful management and delivery of
projects as well as experience of successful partnership working, relationship
development and management.
• Project planning / management tools and techniques.
• Project management principles, stakeholder communications, project governance, risk / change management and compliance.
• Knowledge in one of the following recognised project management standards: PMI PMP or PRINCE2 Practitioner or APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ).
• awareness of IT service management best practices (e.g., ITIL v3 Foundation or ITIL 4 Foundation essential plus awareness of ITIL Service Transition principles)
• Proven and demonstrable change management experience.
• Effective ownership and leadership through critical incident response within the project context.
• Develop positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
• Pro-active risk & issue management.
• Able to maintain strict deadlines.
With more than 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will work regularly with teammates in other countries, and with our community of researchers, editors, and authors from around the globe.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy lives also extends to the working environment we provide for our employees.
100% remote working
Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote working available on a part- or full-time basis (not applicable to some Workplace/IT jobs due to nature of role requiring presence onsite, in the office).
Learning and development
All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated L&D time.
We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four wellbeing days on top of your annual leave allowance.
Employees can dedicate three days each year to volunteer for a personal cause or through our volunteering partner platform, Alaya.