8.9km | , UK
|Hours||21 - 21 Hours|
UNICEF ensures more of the world’s children are vaccinated, educated and protected than any other organisation. We have done more to influence laws and policies to help protect children than anyone else. We get things done. And we’re not going to stop until the world is a safe place for all our children.
This is a great opportunity to join the UK Committee for UNICEF (UNICEF UK) as a Senior Professional Officer in the Baby Friendly Initiative team.
In this role you will be involved in supporting the effective facilitation of the Baby Friendly programme and helping to develop new initiatives. In particular, you will be in collaboration with the team, developing and evaluating the piloting of new tools which make up the Hospital-Based Children’s Services Standards within participating services. We also expect the job holder to be able to take an active role in carrying out assessments of services seeking Baby Friendly accreditation and training. You will also support the National Infant Feeding Network.
You will be a practitioner with experience of leading on the implementation of the UNICEF UK Baby Friendly Initiative standards in a relevant UK public service and of teaching infant feeding to health professionals.
Interview date: 24 and 25 April 2023 via video conferencing (MS Teams)
In return, we offer:
· excellent pay and benefits (including flexible working, generous annual leave and pension, big brand discounts and wellbeing tools)
· outstanding training and learning opportunities and the support to flourish in your role
· impressive open plan office space and facilities on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
· an open culture and workplace with colleagues who share our values, enjoy their work and are motivated to do their utmost for children.
· the opportunity to work in a leading children’s organisation making a difference to children around the world