|Hours||37.5 - 37.5 Hours|
Our vision is to digitise the entire home owning and buying experience.
Our salaries and bonuses are competitive, and our exceptional employee benefits are rated 4.4/5 on review sites.
At Hometrack our cloud platform is at the heart of delivering industry leading solutions.
As a Platform Engineer you will be responsible for all aspects of our cloud infrastructure and data platforms including the design, operations, infrastructure as code, DevOps pipelines, and helping to define strategies which ensure our products meet the needs of our clients and prospects.
As a Platform Engineer at Hometrack:
- You aid in designing application infrastructure and components to meet product and client requirements
- You will work with Software and Data Engineers to ensure requirements for security, scalability, availability, monitoring, and support are met
- You will aid in assuring that monitoring meet the requirements set for performance, capacity, availability, and security controls in line with ISO-27001
- You will help define DevOps best practises for building, testing, and releasing software components
-You will aid in release coordination covering deployment, configuration and release of software components and systems to various environments
- You will write and maintain infrastructure as code to facilitate automated and consistent creation and management of environments and always be on the lookout for opportunities to simplify and improve.
- You will be part of the 3rd Line support role for Platform, which includes leading critical incident response and resolution.
- You will be part of an On-Call Rota
- You will take part in out of hours releases
- You will have strong experience building and supporting Microsoft Azure cloud-based architecture and infrastructure, including native services such as App Service, Function App, Logic App, Azure SQL, SQL Managed Instance, CosmosDB, App Gateway, Front Door, AKS, and others
- Good understanding of basic networking IPv4
- Deep hands-on experience with DevOps, CI/CD, and automation tooling including Terraform, Azure DevOps, etc.
- Proven track record in supporting cloud-based infrastructure
- Implementing and improving existing solutions aligning with Microsoft Azure well architected framework covering security, capacity, performance, availability and monitoring.
- Supporting daily business BAU services and activities for internal and external clients, including SFTP, Softphone, Virtual Desktops, BPM software, IAM and other services
- Troubleshooting high-performance and business critical solutions for both API and web-based solutions
- You have strong communication and stakeholder management skills, with an ability to communicate complex technical topics to non-technical stakeholders
- Relevant experience of commercial infrastructure in the financial services sector
- Previous experience working on an SRE, Platform or DevOps team
- You appreciate simplicity over complexity and understand when to navigate between both
- You are capable of understanding and attributing cloud costs to specific teams and services
- Leadership and mentorship skills to upskill junior members of the team across technical, strategy, and delivery.